About cookies, web beacons and third-parties
Cookies are not software. They can't be programmed, can't carry viruses, and can't unleash malware to go wilding through your hard drive.
Cookies are small files placed on the hard drive of your computer. Noting that most cookies are session cookies, that’s mean that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive once you end your session.
You can control cookies:
Many features offered by us are only available through the use of a cookie. You're always free to decline cookies if your browser permits. However, if you decline cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on the website.
To delete cookies you can:
- Delete the cookies from your browser. Most browsers also allow you to prevent all or some cookies being stored on your machine in the future. To know more on how to disable or delete cookies from your browser, see your browser settings. also you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org for more information.
- Noting that we can not always control third party cookies stored on your machine from our website therefore you will need to visit the relevant third party’s website directly to manage cookies stored by them on your machine. Please see our.
- Provide information that is used for your interests.
- To promote and enforce safety.
- Monitor promotional effectiveness.
- Evaluate our site traffic, (Like using Google Analytics).
Some of the cookies used are essential to provide you with our services.
An example of this would be a cookie used to enable you to log-in or which allows communication between your browser and the website.
Please note that you may not be able to use our website without the essential cookies.
We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our website.
An example is a visitor or session counter to monitor access to our website or using a particular feature, as well as the total number of times the site or feature is used.
Examples of this would be remembering you when you log-in so that you are served with the same content or to remember you when you come back to the site.
Social Sharing Cookies:
We use third party cookies to allow you to share ads and other content directly on the social networking/sharing sites like Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Third party cookies:
Some of the cookies described above (Like analytics cookies) are stored on your machine by third parties when using this site.
In order to serve content or advertisements to you, third parties may also read cookies on your browser to collect information.
Please note that we have no control over these cookies or how the third parties use them as they are only used to allow that third party to provide a service to us.
Web beacons, also called clear GIFs are used in combination with cookies to help people running websites to understand the behaviour of their customers. A web beacon is typically a transparent graphic image (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel) that is placed on a site or in an email.
We don't permit third-party content on this site to include cookies or web beacons.
We may update this policy at any time, updates may taking effect when you next post or 30 days after we post the updated policy on the site, whichever is sooner. Please note If we or our corporate affiliates are involved in a merger or acquisition, we may share personal information with another company, but this policy will continue to apply. If you have any questions about this policy please contact us here.
Using, Accessing and Changing
You can access, change or erase your personal information by reviewing your profile page. There may be a charge associated with such requests but these will not exceed the amounts permitted by law. We delete personal information when we no longer need it for the purposes we described below. We retain personal information as permitted by law to resolve disputes, enforce our policies; and prevent bad users from coming back.
Any Information posted on UTEC iSite is available for public. Our server is located in th UK. UTEC iSite will hold and transmit your information in a safe, confidential and secure environment. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you are agreeing to the transfer and storage of that information on our server in UK. We collect and store the following personal information:
Data & Information Usage
We use users' personal information to:
- The email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes even financial information;
- The computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from UTEC iSite (all through cookies – you can take steps to disable the cookies on your browser although this is likely to affect your ability to use the site);
- Some other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates other’s rights, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety (for example, if you submit false contact details or impersonate another person, we may pass your personal information to any aggrieved third party, their agent or to any law enforcement agency). We may also share personal information with:
- Insure safe trading and enforce our policies;
- Solve troubleshoot problems;
- Provide our services;
- Measure interest in our services and inform users about services and updates;
- Communicate with Users, marketing and promotional offers to customers;
- Do other things for users and customers as we described when we collect the information.
You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the site that we do not control. We sometimes work with service providers who may place cookies on your computer to collect anonymous information about how you use websites owned by UTEC iSite and its affiliates. This information allows them to help us customize our content and advertising. We do not allow these companies to collect any personal information about you using these cookies.
- Service providers who help with our business operations.
Communications and email
You agree to receive marketing communications from us unless you tell us that you prefer not to receive such communications. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference by following the directions provided with the communication.
We use many tools to protect users & customer’s personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but as you probably know, nothing's perfect, so nothing is guaranteed.
We may update these policies as our business requires, so you may want to check them regularly.
Last Update 26 April 2016.